MetroPCS Prepaid is one of the few prepaid, no contract cell phone companies that offer new 4G phones on their prepaid plan. Customers must purchase a MetroPCS phone in order to take advantage of the MetroPCS Prepaid plan. Phones are available from manufacturers like Samsung, HTC, Blackberry, Kyocera and LG.
Cost, Rates, & Fees
There are multiple prepaid cellular plans offered by MetroPCS Prepaid. All plans offer unlimited talk, text and web.
- $40 Plan: Unlimited talk, text and web.
- $45 Plan: Unlimited talk, text and web with 411, directory assistance and international texting.
- $50 Plan: Unlimited talk, text and web with instant messaging, navigation and Loopt.
- $60 Blackberry Plan: Unlimited talk, text, web and email for Blackberry phones.
- $50 4G LTE Plan: Unlimited talk, text, web and email on the 4G LTE network. This plan includes 1 GB of streaming per month.
- $60 4G LTE Plan: Unlimited talk, text, web, email and streaming on the 4G LTE network.
- $60 with Rhapsody Plan: Unlimited talk, text, web, email and Rhapsody music access.
- $40 4G LTE Plan: Unlimited talk, text and web with 100 MB streaming on the 4G LTE network.
- $60 4G LTE with Rhapsody Plan: Unlimited talk, text, web, email and streaming with access to Rhapsody on the 4G LTE network.
Learn more about each of the plans offered by MetroPCS Prepaid at http://www.metropcs.com/metro/category/Plans+%26+Services/cat240015.
User Review Summaries
MetroPCS customers seem relatively happy with coverage, but there are lots of complaints about service interruption and incorrect billing charges. Customers frequently complain about cell phone service being disconnected or interrupted for non-payment when payments have been made. There are also reports of city fees and taxes not showing up on cell phone bills resulting in overage charges and disconnects.
MetroPCS Prepaid Customer Service & Billing Contact Info
Call customer service: You can contact customer service by phone at 1-888-863-8768 or by dialing *611 from your cell phone.
Send a letter to customer service: Mail your letter to the customer service department in Dallas, TX.
MetroPCS Wireless, Inc.
PO Box 601119
Dallas, TX 75360
Email customer service: At this time there is no email address available for customer service and MetroPCS Prepaid does not have an online contact form. You may be able to email customer service after signing up for an account if you are already a MetroPCS Prepaid customer. You can sign in from the My Account page.
MetroPCS Prepaid coverage is available throughout the United States. The coverage map shows areas with the best, moderate and good coverage. You can enter your zip code to find out if MetroPCS Prepaid coverage is available in your area. Not all areas offer 4G LTE coverage, so it is best to check your area before choosing one of the 4G LTE prepaid plans.