Straight Talk is a monthly no contract mobile service provider. It is the service provider division of TracFone, Wireless Inc., the biggest no contract phone company in the United States. In 2010, TracFone beat Verizon for the first time in number of new subscribers added, and a major distribution deal with Wal-Mart makes this one of the most popular and available no contract services currently available.
Costs, Rates, & Fees
Straight Talk offers several no contract plans, tailored to different usage needs.
- All You Need Plan: $30. This plan gives you service for 30 days. You get 1000 minutes, 1000 text or graphic messages in that time, and 30 MB of web access.
- Unlimited One Month Plan: $45. This gives you unlimited minutes, texts, and web access for 30 days.
- Unlimited Three Month Plan: $125.99. This gives you 90 days of unlimited minutes, text messages, and web use. It is only available online through the official Straight Talk website here: www.straighttalk.com.
- Unlimited Six Month Plan: $249.99. You’ll get 180 days of unlimited text message, talk minutes and web data. This plan is only available online.
- Unlimited One Year Plans: 365 days of unlimited data, texts and call minutes. This is only available online.
User Review Summaries
Reviews of Straight Talk no contract plans in online forums seem predominantly positive, with many users saying the service beats popular contract plans like Verizon and AT&T while cutting costs significantly, especially with the unlimited plans. We found no complaints about actual call quality, which is great. However, many users warn about customer service, which is based in Guatemala. They say that anything other than very basic questions runs up against a language barrier very quickly. We also found complaints about their online ordering taking days to send the order information, resulting in days of no phone service. Many reviewers recommend starting off with a prepaid card and making sure everything is working before ordering one of the online plans.
Straight Talk Customer Service & Billing Contact Info
Contact by phone: 1-877-430-CELL (2355)
Contact by email: email@example.com
Contact by mail:
Straight Talk, Inc
Attention: Executive Resolution Department
9700 NW 112th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178
Manage your account and refill your phone online: https://www.straighttalk.com/Refill
According to information on the Straight Talk website, the company offers nationwide coverage. Their non-Android coverage appears extensive, with service in all states, although coverage looks spotty in Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, and Maine. There is next to no service in Alaska. Android phones are not well supported yet, however, and this probably isn’t a good choice for Android users, especially those who travel.