On the Verizon Wireless Prepaid plan, customers must choose between a Basic and Smartphone before purchasing the plan they need. Verizon offers various options, including unlimited plans for heavy users. Due to the prepaid nature of these plans and the fact that no contract is needed to secure phone service, prices tend to be higher than contract plan prices. Phones must be purchased from Verizon Wireless Prepaid and no other carrier.
Cost, Rates, & Fees
If you purchase a smartphone or Blackberry from Verizon Wireless Prepaid, you will be required to carry a special prepaid plan on your phone.
- 450 Anytime: The cheapest talk plan for Verizon Wireless Prepaid is $44.99 and allows 450 minutes per month.
- 900 Anytime: For $64.99 per month you can use up to 900 minutes.
- Unlimited: If you need unlimited talk minutes, you can choose the unlimited plan for $74.99 a month.
- Pay As You Go Text Messaging: You can choose to pay per text with your smartphone on the Verizon Wireless Prepaid plan. Each message costs 20 cents and each picture or video costs 25 cents.
- Unlimited Text Messaging: If you want unlimited text messaging for your Verizon no contract smartphone, you have to pay a $20 per month fee.
- Unlimited Data: The unlimited data plan for Verizon Wireless Prepaid smartphones costs $30 a month.
User Review Summaries
Verizon offers dedicated pricing for data, talk and text for smartphones. This tends to create some trouble with customers as an unlimited plan can cost more than $120 for just one phone via the prepaid option. Other than pricing being higher than other companies, Verizon Wireless Prepaid offers dedicated customer service for prepaid customers, which makes customers happy.
Verizon Wireless Prepaid Smartphone Customer Service & Billing Contact Info
Phone customer service: Call 1-800-922-0204 or dial *611 from your Verizon cell phone to reach customer service by phone.
Email customer service: Choose your topic and send an email to customer service via the online email form.
Send a letter to customer service: The Verizon Wireless Prepaid department has a dedicated customer service address.
Attn: Prepaid Customer Service
PO Box 1037
Folsom, CA 95763-1037
Add minutes or upgrade your plan: When you’re ready to buy a new phone or purchase next month’s plan or upgrades, visit the Verizon Prepaid Store here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/prepay.jsp
The service area for Verizon Wireless Prepaid is extensive, but there are prepaid roaming spots in many states. Parts of Texas and several western states have no coverage at all for prepaid plans. The coverage area for prepaid is different than that with a contract plan from Verizon wireless.